"Having long been possessed with an ardent desire to see the Distilleries of Scotland...", Alfred Barnard, 1885

"O Thou, my muse! guid auld Scotch drink", from Scotch Drink, by Robert Burns

Friday, 3 December 2010

Quick Update

Hi folks, apologies for not posting anything for a couple of weeks, had to take time away to deal with some other things.  I hope to catch up with the story in the next few days, starting with Laphroaig.

In the meantime Chez Dougie is snowbound at seventeen inches deep so the next stage of my journey has been put on hold, probably until after New Year.  I still have lots of material to write up for Islay and the west coast distilleries and I will post this over the next few weeks, then get back on the road when the weather improves (keep believing!).

Stay warm and take care.
Dougie