"Having long been possessed with an ardent desire to see the Distilleries of Scotland...", Alfred Barnard, 1885

"O Thou, my muse! guid auld Scotch drink", from Scotch Drink, by Robert Burns

Friday, 3 September 2010

Update

Well it has been a busy couple of weeks so my apologies for not posting on recent distilery visits.  I am just finishing an informative and fun filled trip to Campbeltown where internet access has been thin on the ground and my days taken up with visiting distilleries and meeting some very helpful people.  I hope to write up and post this part of my journey over the next week, so if you are waiting for info on the old Whisky Capital of Scotland (and once the actual Capital of Scotland) then I hope you will check back from around next Wednesday when the first few posts should start appearing.

In the meantime, pour yourself a dram - a Springbank, Longrow, Hazelburn or Kilkerran if you have some to hand.  You know you want to.